Monday, June 05, 2006

My Postman uncle....

Tring! ! Tring! ! ....Thats the sound which brings back memories of My postman uncle....i used to wait at the gate for that special Greeting from relatives....or some unexpected parcel....or a letter from my friend.....The traditional blue coloured paper which once got so much of joy and laughter along with it has now become extinct...
This thought crossed my mind as I was looking out through the window of my bus on my way back from office...it was one of those sleepless bus rides back home....I observed a Postman collecting a bunch of letters...just a hand full of 'em...
I really felt sad that technology has brought a lotta changes to our lives and surely to the life of a poor postman......
The once glowing face of my postman uncle has changed forever...and so has the lives of a thousand postmen in India....
They say nothing lasts forever....email is gonan be history one day....but when?...who knows?.....

No comments: