Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A better tomorrow................

If tomorrow you wake up and find yourself smiling,
are you thinking of me?

If tomorrow you look at your garden,
will you see us walking hand in hand?

If tomorrow you sit for your dinner at the table and look at the adjacent chair,
will you wish I was there?

If tomorrow you open the door,
will you be expecting me at the doorstep?

If tomorrow you walk on the road and look at a house,
are you wondering about the one we might own?

If tomorrow your phone rings,
will you want it to be me on the other end?

If tomorrow you impatiently open your mailbox,
are you hoping to see my mails?

If tomorrow you look out of the window and see your neighbours kid play,
will you be thinking about ours?

If tomorrow you sit for a minute to pray,
will you also pray for me?

If tomorrow you have a great news to share,
will I be the first one to hear it?

If tomorrow I get down on my knees with a bunch of red roses and ask you to be mine forever,
will you close your eyes and say an yes?

For all the tomorrows I have dreamt of,
theres this today that's passing by,
inching ever second closer to the tomorrow you will walk into,
and if tomorrow comes,
will you think about an ''US'' like I do?

No comments: