Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Talking to "You" . . .

How often do we talk to ourselves? 
I've been doing a lot of it off late. . . is it the luxury of time I have?? or Is it because I'm  alone. . and in need of something to reassure myself that I'm doing things the right way? 
In the chaotic world we live in, this is supposed to be a sure sign of mental illness. . . 
Am I CRAZY?
Well, this is what I found:
  • The act of talking to ourselves, is actually a sign that we are self-aware and that we seek insight into our own actions. 
  • Talking to ourselves mentally is actually a hallmark of being human and proof that we are a higher species.
  • In a sense, we can measure our degree of psychological confusion by checking out our self-talk.
  • It's not whether we do it, it's what we say to ourselves that matters.
Most people talk to themselves quite regularly, even when walking down the street; but, it is primarily done silently so it's not evident to onlookers. Whether or not we talk out loud, or silently, when we talk to ourselves, we are processing our thoughts, solving our problems, or just deciding what we will eat for lunch that day. . . :)

Final Verdict : I'm not C R A Z Y , just trying to make sense of my own actions and make the right choices in life :)

2 comments:

allout4noloss said...

sisya ... are you alone... i thot u were dating tara and sarah!

akka thangi dove!

Suraj said...

ha ha !! chappar puppy :)