Monday, November 21, 2005

A phoney accident!


Sad but true.... ! !

I lost my NOKIA 3230....in typical Bollywood shtlye.....was in the Driver's seat of my car talking to my pal on the phone when this incident happened....

I was at one of the Million Traffic Signals in Bangalore City(Udupi Garden Signal -BTM Layout to be precise)....I was speaking on the phone with one hand on the Wheel and the other on the window holding my phone...suddenly this guy from the bike next to me at the Signal hit my hand really hard...and the phone fell down....now, that's when I started doing a series of blunders which ended up in me losing the phone forever....
I was pretty shocked that I couldn't notice whether the phone fell out of the car or inside the car...the Signal turned green and I could see the bike Zooooom away...I frantically searched with the door open but the friendly people here in Blore(I'm obviously sarcastic)....Honked their way to Glory....Couldn't stand the noise, so managed to pull the car to one side of the road and immediately jumped out of the car and tried searching for the mobile....but all in vain.....
The next best thing was to try calling my number....hoping against hope that someone would pick it up......and the surprising part was that, the mobile rang and I could hear a feeble voice on the other side.....his voice sounded extremely Drunk and I could smell the liquor over the phone ;o)

The first question he asked was " Mobile Eshhtu guru?" which meant " How Much is the mobile?".....This was a shocking question given that I already felt like the Biggest Loser ever to have roamed the face of this planet .......My phone was robbed right under my nose and all I could do is......... stand there in disbelief that this wasn't happening to me.....
I told him that the phone cost very less and he wouldn't get much money if he sold it.....but he refused to accept it....he wanted to know the exact price of the mobile...
The conversation went on for about 25 minutes.......(can't believe I was negotiating to buy my phone from a thief)...and he finally agreed that if I could give him 5000 bucks, he would return the mobile to me.....I realized that all I needed was an opportunity to get him to come to a public place.....so that I could plan the snatching from him for a change ........with a help of my friends....
He suddenly changed his mind and asked me to call him the next day morning , cause he wanted to sleep over this thought...(what Crap ! ! )

The next day....it was gone ! !

Every time I called, I kept getting "This AIRTEL number that you have called is switched off, please try again later"....( like F***, it was genuinely switched off).....
I tried for a couple of days after that....but kept getting the same msg....I realized that the phone must have been sold by now( One Lucky Bastard ! ! got to buy my phone)...

Hmmm.....well life has to go on doesn't it?.....I promised myself, never to talk on the phone when I'm driving and to ensure all the windows are up, when I am in a car...

So people...BEWARE ! ! we work our asses out, for over a month to get one funky gadget of technology in our hand....and some Loser, son of a gun...gets to rob you and make easy cash out of it....give it some thought ! !

No comments: